Low on cash? Date like you’re still in high school and enjoy these fun ideas together.
- Have a dance party in your living room and dance to your favorite songs from high school.
- Borrow a movie from the library or find a movie on Hulu and make homemade stovetop popcorn while watching the classics.
- Pack some cheese, crackers, and grapes and your favorite old quilt and have a picnic on the lawn.
- Sit on the roof and watch the sunset together.
- Get dressed up in your most formal clothes and go to the coffee shop as if you’ve just been to a gala.
- Sit on a sidewalk bench and people watch, making up fake names and stories about the people you see.
- Play board games and see who is the ultimate Hungry, Hungry Hippos champion.
- Go on a hike.
- Bring your camera and take photos together at the tourist spots around town.
- Make s’mores over candlelight.
- Visit the museum on free admission night.
- Go to the book store and look at travel books, and then plan your dream vacation.
- Go to the farmers market and buy a new fruit that you’ve never tried.
- Carry along a loaf of old bread and feed the ducks at the lake.
- Go to a new restaurant and split a decadent dessert.
- Fly a kite at the park.
- Cuddle on the couch and reminisce about “remember when”, telling your favorite stories of when you first started dating.
- Go to the botanic gardens and hold hands while you stroll.
- Get a pint of ice cream, hang up twinkle lights on the patio, and enjoy your ice cream outside together in the evening.
- Go swimming without the kids.
This post is originally shared on smallnotebook.org